Fish & chips with Quebec microbrewery beer
English, taste of Asia and Quebec
Trendy, easy to prepare. Perfect for kids and adults.
Preparation of the spicy tartar sauce, Fish & Chips and vegetables
Spicy tartar sauce:
- 1 bottle/ 250 ml (1 cup) of MITO spicy Mayo
- 2 tbsp. relish
- 2 tbsp. sour pickled, diced
- 2 tbsp. lemon juice
Fish & Chips with side vegetables
- In a bowl, mix all the ingredients for the spicy tartar sauce. Reserve in the refrigerator.
- Preheat the oven to 425oF (210oC)
- In a bowl, with a whip, miz the Tempura mix with the sugar, beer and fish sauce. Leave to rest a few minutes.
- On a baking pan covered with parchment paper. Sprinkle oil over the potatoes. Salt and pepper to taste.
- On a seperate baking pan, repeat the process with the asparagus.
- Place the two pans of vegetables in the preheated oven. Cook the sweet potatoes 20-30 minutes, or until golden and tender. Cook the asparagus 10 minutes.
- In a deep fryer or a heavy-bottomed pot, heat the oil on medium-high heat until it reaches 190oC (375oF).
- Coat a fish fillet in the tempura mix prepared above and then carefully place the fillet in the hot oil. Cook roughly 5 minutes (depending on the thickness of the fillet) or until golden brown. Remove the fillet from the oil and place on a paper towel.
- Repeat the above step for each fillet.
- Serve the fish with the spicy tartar sauce and vegetables! Bon appétit!
To attain the best quality of fried fish, crunchy and golden brown, make sure your oil is always at the right temperature before placing the fish. Avoid crowding the pot with many fillets as this will decrease the temperature.
Treat the beer lover in your life with this recipe combining microbrewery beer and fried food! By adding beer in the tempura mix as well as the fish sauce gives a unique aspect to the breading on the fish. Also, you’ll love our spicy take on tartar sauce.
22 June 2022