Summer Lobster Salad
When it’s hot out, no one want to heat up the house! This ”no cook” recipe is perfect for a hot summer day. A colorful and summery recipe that can be ajusted according to the season and availability of fresh local products. You could even replace the lobster by Northern prawns or crab and also vary the other ingredients to your liking, check out our chef’s secret at the bottom of the recipe for more details.
Savour this refreshing salad on your terrasse or in the park and soak in the sunlight!
Main course, snack
Japanese, American, Quebecois
Summer recipe with local products
Preparation of the miso vinaigrette and summer lobster salad
Miso vinaigrette :
Summer lobster salad
- 2 ½ cups small lettuce leaves, user’s choice or minced lettuce
- 1/2 cups radish, thinly sliced
- 2/3 cups cucumber, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cups microgreens, user’s choice
- 180 g cooked lobster
- 6 to 8 strawberries, sliced
- 10 to 12 raspberries
- 1 tbsp. MITO Sesame Seeds
- 3 tbsp. MITO Ready-to-serve Tempura
- ”Fleur de sel” salt (to your liking)
- Lemon or lime wedge
- In a small bowl, dilute the miso in the vinegar and add the Kami sauce.
- Prepare two plate, equally dividing the lettuce, radish, cucumber, microgreens, lobster, strawberries and raspberries.
- Add the miso vinegar and sprinkle the Sesame Seeds, Ready-to-serve Tempura and the ''Fleur de sel'' salt.
- Serve with a wedge of lemon or lime to spray on the salad.
Adjust the recipe according to your gardens harvest or availability at your local market. Multiple choices of lettuce and greens can be used like Boston lettuce, romaine, arugula , spinach, oak leaves, etc. Same for the vegetables, you could try replacing the cucumber and radish by cherry tomatoes, bell peppers, zucchini, etc. For the fruits, try blueberries or even blackberries. Let your creativity run wild !
29 June 2022