Recipe, Desserts, Collation
Decadent White Chocolate and Sesame Cookies
For the cookies
- 2 sticks unsalted butter, room temperature
- ¾ cup of sugar
- 1 ½ cup of white flour
- 1 cup grated unsweetened coconut (fine)
- ¼ cup of almonds, finely chopped
- ½ cup of Mito sesame seeds
- ¼ cup of chopped almonds
- Using a electric mixer, beat the butter and the sugar in a bowl until you achieve a creamy texture (about 2 minutes).
- At low speed, incorporate slowly the white flour to get a homogeneous batter.
- With a wooden spoon, add the coconut and the chopped almonds.
- Roll the dough to make 3 rolls of 1.5 inches of diameter each.
- Spread sesame seed on a flat surface. Cover all 3 rolls in seeds by rolling them in seeds.
- Wrap the rolls in plastic individually and refrigerate until they are firm.
- Preheat the oven at 300°F.
- When firm, unwrap the rolls and slice the dough to make ¼ inch thick cookies.
- Place the cookies on the cookie sheet, 1 inch apart, and bake for 20 minutes.
- Turn the cookies over to golden both sides evenly. Bake 10 more minutes and take out of the oven.
- Let the cookies cool completely. Set aside.
For icing and garnish
- 1 ½ cup of 35 % cream
- 360 g of chopped white chocolate
- In a saucepan, bring the cream to boil. Remove from the heat and add white chocolate, letting it melt for 5 minutes. Pour in a bowl.
- Mix the cream and melted chocolate until the texture is smooth. Cover and leave in the fridge for 6 hours.
- When ready, whisk the mix of chocolate with an electric mixer until it looks like whipped cream.
- Cover the cookies and enjoy!
2 December 2021