Recipe, Main course, Wasabi
Garlic and Wasabi Mashed Potatoes
- 3 ½ lbs Russet potatoes, peeled and cut in quarters
- 4 tablespoon of unsalted butter
- 1 cups of 2% milk
- 2-3 teaspoons of Mito wasabi paste
- 3 big garlic cloves
- 1/3 cup fresh minced chives
- Ground salt and pepper (to taste)
- In a large saucepan, put the quartered potatoes and cover with cold water. Seasoned with salt to taste and add the 3 garlic cloves. Bring to boil and reduce heat to low. Cook potatoes until they are soft.
- In the meantime, in a small saucepan, add butter and milk. Warm up at medium heat to melt the butter. Blend in the wasabi paste. Taste and add some more if needed to get a stronger and spicier taste.
- Once the potatoes and the garlic are cooked, strain well. Put them back in the large saucepan and heat at medium for about 30 seconds to a minute to dry out any humidity left.
- Put the potatoes and the garlic in a big bowl and mashed using a hand mixer by speeding up the mixer gradually. Keep mixing until the purée is smooth. Add half of the milk, butter and wasabi mix. Combine well using the mixer. Add the rest to reach the desired consistency. Add minced chives, salt and pepper, to taste and serve!
2 December 2021